Entrepreneurs’ Society (ES) is pleased – and super excited – to announce the launch of its Annual and 15th Startup Challenge (previously known as the Business Plan Competition) starting on the 6th of March 2018. This year, unlike the previous years, our prominent competition is backed and supported by USAID, with the aim of encouraging the youth to start their own businesses.
If you have an idea/passion and you want to turn it into a startup, this is your chance to start, now. In fact, take the chance while you are still young, fresh, risk-taking and have plenty of resources to help you to create a startup this world needs.
Startup Challenge aims to allow students to experience the essence of entrepreneurship and gain first-hand experience of being an entrepreneur. All participants are mentored and monitored to carry out their business ideas. This year the focus will be less on the content of the writing and more about the experience by including up-to-date sessions, activities, discussions, experiments, etc. Participants are also required to create a Minimal Viable Product and test it in our annual Jamboree to get customer feedback. The teams pitch their developed startup idea to a diverse judging panel, which assesses the validity of the idea and measures the willingness to invest in it. Aside from a 50,000 pounds grand prize, other non-monetary prizes are offered to the top teams, such as incubation, mentorship, coworking space, workshops and free consultancy.
- dates and times:
- Tuesday, March 6th (5-8 PM)
- Tuesday, March 13th (5-8 PM)
- Tuesday, March 20th (5-8 PM)
- Tuesday, March 27th (5-8 PM)
- The Lean Startup Method and Design Thinking
- Developing a Business Model Canvas
- Building a Minimum Viable Product
- Marketing and Financing your Startup
- Pitching Techniques
- Technological Shortcuts for your Startup
- dates and times:
- Duration: 6th of March 2018 – 14th of April 2018
- Fees: 350 LE per person
- Location: AUC New Cairo Campus
- Eligibility: Undergraduates and Fresh graduates
- Teams: 1 – 5 Members
- Grand Prize: 50,000 LE